Monday, June 23, 2014

Poetry for Calvin Klein Provocations


All to me.  Against time. Against the world.  Waveless, effortless, lawless.
In media res shall we begin, where battles neither won nor lost -
Surrender to a feel, and fall, til we no longer care the cost.

Reject the consequence.  No discipline.  Madness blooms.
As if there were a lesson to be leaned on, physics of a longing -
Whose pulse be steady, amplitude inflect, uncharted want prolonging.


I writhe where time slows, reel forever from your scent, unsure of breath -
I wonder how the moon will tangle for a pulse before its death.  

Currents drift.  We glide.
Industrial encounter at the edge of want, and fierce, and dust -
Stay put, love - the cacophony of heat abates as metals rust.


They say it is a conversation that I want, and that is all -
I never think about their naïveté, as you come gnarl and scrawl.  

Into the darkness we travel.  Vanishing bends.  Impulsive, careless, rapt.  
So this is what we come to - what Picasso rendered de la mer -
Entangled lovers at the edge, and salt wash fragments everywhere.  


Whoever shall distinguish which - Are we far off, who recollect,
Or are we here, imagining incendiary want reflect?


There is a style to how we may comport - no matter parallax,
There is no questioning the planes we cross for fashion to a max. 

Quiet behind my eyes.  Thoughts astray.  We fall into this.  Like convection I rise.  You scream through me.  Explode to the sky.
Perhaps dear Newton would be pleased to find an equilibrium -
What shatters outwardly, we pull inside an arc where passions come.

Radiates, implodes.  
As long as style defines what look we seek, and feel we brood about -
Let heat convect, let nova be the love we make, let heavens pout.

My eyes onto yours.  Erratic steps.
No matter vast the limestone of geometry, we find each other -
Oh, for a scent, love, run down you, along a slope onto forever.

We stand in contrast to man.  
For always there is no escaping you, no moment that is sacred -
Your scent my oxygen, your fingertips my feel, my want upbraided.


I take up childhood play, as if I knew no better of a flame -
For curiosity is mine, no matter what is in a name.  

Life of adoration.
So dawn creeps in, glides up, and tangles salt wash air and limestone wall -
The aftermath is always languorous, and love is at a fall.

Poetry for Calvin Klein Provocations © Ron Villejo

No comments:

Post a Comment