Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Juliet in Love (2)




… happy but I won’t say what I’m thinking …
`Reading Shakespeare in Bernadeth's status update (part 2)


Oh, Father, dear protector of our home –
Your temper flares at moments that I wish
Were quick to pass like the flit of a gnome.
Our servants scurry with dish after dish
Of delicacies, far and near, and still
There is dissatisfaction on your brow.
Oh, Father, know that your will is my will –
Your shoulders, arms and hands, my childhood bough.
You see how happiness accompanies
My movements now, and you are happy for
The daughter whose indebtedness will please
Your kindler heart, like hardly once before –
For you will hear the things you want to hear
And not the things I think are also dear. 


Juliet in Love (Part 2) © Ron Villejo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment