Thursday, July 25, 2013

Angels



I've held to the notion that angels live among us and that if we believe and if we have need, someone will come to help us.  He or she is our angel.  

So this Robbie Williams' song speaks to this, and I am inspired by it:
And through it all she offers me protection
A lot of love and affection
Whether I'm right or wrong
And down the waterfall
Wherever it may take me
I know that life won't break me
When I come to call, she won't forsake me
I'm loving angels instead
But the inspiration for The Song Poems isn't just to restate what a song says, but to expand on it and to diverge it.  The poem becomes a forum, of a sort, for me to remind us that we ourselves may be angels to someone else in need.  That it isn't just about us as recipients of good graces from angels, but us as the benefactors of such graces for others who are in need.

© Ron Villejo

No comments:

Post a Comment